Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Rainy Day

I went to a 4H leader training for hiking/backpacking this morning. A very experienced backpacker was there to provide some insight into this project area as well as tips and tricks while hiking and on equipment. We were supposed to go on a short hike along a nearby nature trail but it is just so cold and wet out today that we all just dropped the hike part. I was going to use the hike as an ankle test. Oh well. Perhaps I'll join the family hike up to a nearby rock ledge next week (weather permitting) as my ankle test. I'm getting really pumped about the summer hiking season. I did well this week at the gym and will increase my exercise bike level when I go back on Monday. Still working on getting in shape for a June 12th American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure bike ride. Now, if I could just control my food intake! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home