Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ankle Check

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I had my cast removed. The swelling has decreased significantly and therefore the flexibility has increased. There is still swelling around the back of the ankle on both sides and around the achilles tendon. I started walking (hobbling) around without a cane this morning. Of course, I'm only walking around the house. If I go out anywhere I'm going to use the cane. I've been doing some stretching and balance ball exercises that are easy on my ankle but allow me to stretch the muscles and tendons in the left leg. On Thursday my spouse and I fly off to see our daughter and son-in-law in California. I can't wait. They've made some renovations to their house, added a spa and gazebo and a new cat. We'll also be stopping by L.A. to see Randy's brothers and mom before we head off to Arizona to see an old AF buddy and Randy's brother Pat. It will be a very busy week. When I get back, I've got to get to the gym and start training for my American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure ride in June. I think I'll have just enough time to get in shape for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home