Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

10 Days of Broken Ankle

It's been 10 days since I broke my ankle. I went out of the house for the 1st time since the 8th. I went to my Project Manager Chapter meeting. I remain amazed at how everything is now an aerobic exercise. The foot still swells as soon as I take it down off of the pillows. Therefore, I tend to keep it raised. My checkup with the orthopedic surgeon is the 21st. We'll see how well I'm doing then. Today is my annual physical. Obviously scheduled before the ankle problems. Since the car is in the basement garage, getting to and from the car means I have to negotiate the basement stairs. Best way is to sit down and move one step at a time. Not bad going down but going up means I have to lift myself up each step. Lots of arm exercise. I'm also doing some exercises with hand weights and doing some leg lift and sit ups. I spent a lot of time at the gym and don't want to totally regress. So, I'm doing what I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home