Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, December 27, 2004

After Xmas

Had a good Christmas. My family gets together on Christmas Eve. This year, about 23 people (adults and kids). It was hosted this year by my brother Tom and his wife Joy. Way too much food as usual. It must be genetic, we all want to make sure there's enough. My mom got me the Appalachian Trail guide book and map for the New Hampshire section of the trail. I'll have a nice sit down soon and read it through. Christmas Day I hosted my Mom and Dad and my brother Tom and Joy and Nancey. Again, way too much food. We all ate too much and yesterday we only "nuked' some leftovers. We still have a lot to go thru. Thank goodness I sent a good bit of dressing and cheesecake home with Tom and Joy. I'm going to get the leftover goose to my dad so he can have sandwiches.

I was going to go to the YMCA this morning to exercise but we received 3 inches of snow overnight so my exercise today was shoveling. Spent about an hour on shoveling decks, walks and a path to the bird feeder. I had sweat thru my tee shirt by the time I came in. Even so, I feel a little twitchy and may just go down anyway for a short workout and a sit in the sauna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home