Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Lake Durant Campout

Randy, Elizabeth, Spot and I used the reservations for Lake Durant we would have used on the N-P hike. Reached the campground on Wednesday and had camp set up by 4pm. Had a very nice lakeside site right across from the site (number 3) where the N-P trail comes into the campground. Thursday was cloudy. We decided to visit Great Camp Sagamore. This is a walking tour of the grounds and buildings with a guide that talks about the builder, Durant, and the purchaser, the Vanderbilts. Don't you know the sky opens up just as the tour starts. By the time we finished, we were all wet and at 40 or so degrees, we were cold too. We decided to pack it in, pulled down the tents, packed everything, wet and muddy into the car and headed home. Spent today drying out tents and tarps, washing gear and putting things away.

As for the Northville-Lake Placid trail. My ankle/arch still hurt and with all the walking around, aches. I may have to actually break down and see the doc about it. I still want to complete the trail, I just may have to take it in much smaller "bites".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home