Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Shake Down Hike

Elizabeth arrived on Wednesday. We spent the afternoon packing her pack. I added food and clothing to mine. My pack weight went up to 55 pounds. Whoa! Way too heavy. I took out one change of clothing (now I have 1 change) and took out 5 days of dinners. Also subtracted a couple of fuel canisters and a 50 foot length of cord. Took the pack weight down to 50 pounds. So we get to the Benson, Northville-Lake Placid trail head and start walking back to Northville at 9am. At 1:30 we were back in the house. Elizabeth's pack is leaning at the top to the left so we'll have to repack it. I want to take another look at my pack too. I still want to be able to carry a 10 day food supply. Perhaps there's something in my pack I can eliminate. Tomorrow we go to find Elizabeth a couple of things she wants. 2 days till the hike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home