Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Friday, September 17, 2004

Mountain Hiking

Randy, Spot and I spent 3 hours hiking another local trail in our neighborhood. We spent 2 hours going up the mountain, 1 hour back down and home. We might have gone farther but the rain started and Randy didn't have any rain gear so we hiked back in the rain. Since it was still pretty warm, he was comfortable enough. Poor Spot is now so old and her hip so bad I've already given her some aspirin for the pain and she's sound asleep in the other room.

We've had phone calls and emails from Elizabeth. She's sent some gear ahead by mail already. I've reviewed the hiking plan and sent her the emergency ranger phone number in case her husband needs to get ahold of her while we're on the trail. My brother gave me some exercises to do to help strengthen my feet. I'm still not sure if they're going to hold out but I'm going to give it the old college try. Eight days till the hike starts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home