Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

First Posting Introduction

This is my first posting and my first experience with BLOGing. I'm opening this BLOG to allow friends and family to follow me on my hiking adventure.
I've been acquiring gear and getting into shape since January. I have finally completed my gear acquisition and am practicing hiking with a full pack. I went Saturday on a practice hike with my husband, Randy, dog Spot and my brother Don and 3 of his children. We went to Hadley Mountain in the Adirondack Mountains. I took my 40 pound pack. The hike was short, 1.8 miles to the summit. However, it seemed to be straight up. Lesson learned for the day: more squats and more calf stretches.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, This should be a great way to detail your retirement adventure. Is it possible to add pictures? Would love to see the scenery. Happy trails and BLOGing....Chris

August 16, 2004 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Connie Cockrell said...

Response to Chris: Posting pics requires another software package. As my Appalachian Hike will require me to use library computers, I'm opting out of pics.

August 16, 2004 at 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Ms. Connie, seems like not eating and hiking away 2 pounds a day is the new & improved Akins methodology. Do you plan to market the formula and make millions? So much for retirement, you'll be doing the talk show circuit. Save enough energy in those patty paws (feet) to get to Oprah. Just like Dr. Phil, I can see it now.

August 19, 2004 at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home