Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Road Work

I have found over the last 2 - 3 weeks that if I don't get enough exercise now, I have trouble sleeping at night. Last night was no exception. Since I have some appointments for the afternoon, driving off to a long NYS trail was out of the question. Therefore, I just did 8 miles on the local roads. Took 3 hours. Too bad I can't make that kind of time in the woods. Then I wouldn't be worried about doing the 16 miles per day I need to do on the Northville-Lake Placid trail. Oh well. My daughter, Elizabeth, was on the phone when I got home. She's joining me for the hike. She was calling to finalize some details about equipment. We did a short discussion of the mileage of each section. Since it's so hot in California, (she's in the Mohave Dessert outside of Edwards AFB), she hasn't done much/any trail work. We'll do a 10 mile road session when she get's here to shake out any issues. Only 10 days till the hike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home