Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Neighborhood Hike

Randy, Spot and I did a short hike this morning. We stayed in our own neighborhood and walked about 1 mile up the dirt road near my home. There is a NYS land access point which appears to be used quite frequently. I've been wanting to explore that path for several months and today seemed the right day. The day is gorgeous, sunny, low humidity and a breeze. I was happy for the breeze because once we got on the trail, it went pretty much straight up the mountain. We hiked to the top but no view due to heavy forest and then went home. Total hike 2.5 hours. Spot found something in the woods to roll in so when we got home, she had to have a bath. Whew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home