Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Shirt Test

I took a quick (?) walk today up my back road to test a new shirt I bought this weekend. It was my standard 5 mile hike. Today was cool, about 45 degrees so I wanted to test my new long sleeve wicking shirt I bought at Walmart. I actually found it in the men's clothes section on a rack of shirts nearly gone. Couldn't even find exercise clothes in the women's section. Very annoying. At any rate, put the shirt on under my fleece. I could actually feel the shirt pulling the moisture away from my skin and evaporating. I was quite comfortable. The day couldn't be more perfect. The great blue fall sky was reflected in the pond I could see through the trees. Pond and sky the same color so you couldn't really tell where sky stopped and water began. I love the smell of fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home