Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Foot Trouble

Having failed my attempt to hike the Northville - Lake Placid trail end-to-end because of foot pain, I am attempting to determine the problem and fix it. After many days of rest and staying off of my feet and some exercises to stretch the ligaments in the bottom of my feet to no avail, I made an appointment with my doctor. She took a look and decided that I needed to see an orthopaedist. I went yesterday. She took some x-rays, thank God no bone spurs. Her determination was posterior tibialis tendonitis in the ligaments of my feet, with some plantar fascitis for good measure. I'm now taking some anti-inflamatory and have an appointment with the sports medicine people for next week. Imagine, me with a sports injury! Anyway, I am continuing the exercises. Have been told to hold off on hiking though a short walk is OK and move into some cross training for awhile. The anti-inflamatory is for 2 weeks. Hope it all helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home