Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Sports Medicine Visit

Well OK then! Had my 1st visit to the Sports Medicine office. Met a very nice tech there who did lots of foot measuring and testing and poking. She found my very sore tendons and said, "Yep, inflammed." Falling arches are pulling the tendons out of position causing said inflammation. She provided some ultrasound to assist with reducing the inflammation. She also gave me a couple more exercises to do to get the muscles strengthened to assist the tendons. OK. Now, with inserts in all boots and shoes, avoidance of going barefoot in the house, exercises and some anti-inflammatory drugs, can I get back in shape to tackle a couple more sections of the N-P before winter sets in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home