Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cast Off!

Oh happy day! I had my cast taken off at noon and I'm free at last. Not walking yet but free from the weight of the cast. I will spend the next couple of weeks stretching and slowly putting weight on the foot. Since my foot was in a "pointed" position for the last 6 weeks, today's business is to get the foot to flex into a flat position so I can put weight on it. My calf, achilles tendon and bottom of the foot are very tight. My ankle is still bruised and the whole foot and ankle very swollen. However, the xrays show the bone fully healed and no plates or screws will be needed to hold it together. That makes me very, very happy! S'all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home