Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Back from Vacation

Randy and I went to California and Arizona to see family and friends. We got back on Friday evening. My ankle was not a big problem while we were gone but it did affect my ability to tour around. Even so, I managed a couple of nature parks and a museum while I was gone. Last night, while in a big, full body stretch, the ankle joint popped and this morning, I have nearly full flexibility, up and down. It makes it much easier and less painful to walk. The side to side movement is still restricted and painful but I'll keep working on it. I continue to hear from those who have broken their ankles that it will take a year or even two before I get full restoration. That's a little disheartening but I continue to plan to try the Northville-Lake Placid trail again late summer / early fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home