Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

New Inserts

I received my new $30 orthotic inserts in the mail on Tuesday. So far, I don't think they work as well as the less expensive ones I purchased at the drug store. I'll try it for a little while longer but my guess at this point is that I'll have to go for the custom orthotics.

In other news, I was out with my husband on Tuesday at the local pub pool tournament and one of the players was talking to some friends about a recent hike he went on. Turns out he had hooked up with an informal hiking group of women over 50. Sounded cool to me and he agreed to take my name and number to his friend in the group and ask if she would contact me. Haven't heard anything yet but anything's possible.

Finally, Wednesday was my weigh in day, 2nd week of my serious push to lose weight. I lost another kilogram. Yaaaay! That makes a 3K total or 2.2pounds per kilos X 3 kilos = 6.6 pounds in 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home