Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

June Heat

Hot yesterday and hot today but I don't really mind. I went to the orthopedic prosthetics people on Tuesday (7th). They confirmed the foot diagnosis and then we moved to the meat of the issue, what to do about it. They explained how the prosthetics work. I had 2 options, the less expensive is to buy high end commercial inserts. These may actually do the trick. If that doesn't do it, then I move on to the custom made inserts which they do right there on site. So, I went with the less expensive alternative to start and I should receive them in the mail tomorrow (Friday). Other news: I made a 10 mile bike ride yesterday with no ill effects. So, I'm ready for Sunday's Tour de Cure. Jim, Frank and I will meet up before 8am to get a group photo before Frank takes off on the 100 mile ride. Jim and I will hang out till 9:15am for the 10 mile ride. Today I decided to try and go a day without aspirin for the foot swelling and arch pain. So far, not too bad but I also haven't done much walking or biking today. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home