Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Bike Riding

Today I took my bike out of the basement, pumped up the tires and went for a short ride with my husband. I felt pretty good. We rode for about an hour around the area. I guess I'm fairly ready to ride in the June 12th Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association. On Memorial Day my right knee started giving me grief. It was especially annoying as I was to march in the Gloversville Memorial Day parade. Anyway, I sucked it up and marched. The knee wasn't too bad. It has been getting progressively better all week. My ankle is still slightly swollen but I tilled my garden up with no ill effects so I'm judging the ankle to be 95% or more. I cancelled my June doctor appointment. I did set up an appointment with a center that will help me with my plantar facitis. Hopefully some custom orthotics will help me with the pain in my feet. My final step is to make a serious committment to losing weight. If I had done that in January, I'd be 20 or more pounds lighter by now. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk. I started the serious diet on June 1st. I've lost a kilogram already. I'm trying to stick to a 1500 or so calorie intake with my usual activity schedule. We'll see how this goes. I've also taken to keeping a food diary. That activity is really helping so far. I've even started measuring out the portions where I think I'm being a little generous. That helps too. We'll see where I am by the end of the month. Goal for end of month? Lose 10 pounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home