Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lapland Lake Snowshoe Hike

I attended the HealthLink sponsored snowshoe hike and cross country skiing day this morning. Only $8 as a member of the HealthLink group. Since I have my own snowshoes, that was the total cost. I got there at 9am and signed in. Went to the head of the snowshoe trail, being careful not to mess up the groomed X-C ski trail, and was on my way. I did the longest trail, and the most difficult. It wasn't all that hard and it took me about 2 hours. The day got warm fast and at the halfway point the snow was wet and packing into my cleats. Had to keep knocking the snow balls out of my snow shoes to walk. Over all, a great way to exercise. If you want to know more about Lapland Lake, see www.laplandlake.com or email vacation@laplandlake.com. It's a nice family run place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home