Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hiking up Sand Creek Edinburg

I went on a hike this morning to nearby Edinburg NY. I went with a group that signs up thru the local hospital HealthLink. The hike was led by Sue, a certified NYS Guide. Essentially an old logging road running along Sand Creek, it was still very nice hike, about 3 miles round trip. It was about 20 degrees and very little wind and lots of sunshine. On top of my 3 days per week at the gym, I'm feeling pretty darn good. If I could just get my calorie intake under control, I'd be dropping pounds like crazy. Oh well.

I've signed up for a mid-week hike in 2 weeks at the local olympic style cross country ski place called Lapland Lake. Signing up through HealthLink gives me a big discount for the day. I'll tell you all about it after I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home