Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Mid December Report

Wow, already Dec 13th! Randy and I and my mom took a bus trip to New York City on Saturday. I wore my light hiking boots all day. We had a great time even tho it was kind of cold. I noticed on Sunday and Monday my feet were relatively free of pain. Is it possible the wearing of my hiking boots (with the orthotic inserts of course) are the cause of this? I generally wear sneakers with the inserts and around the house, a pair of birkenstock sandals. I may have to reconsider and wear the boots all the time. It would be great if I could get the tendonitis completely healed. I'm still teaching the Hiking Project for the local 4H club. It would be great if I could actually go hiking come spring.

I continue to go to the gym 3 times a week. I'm not expecting any weight loss this month. It's just too hard in December with the holidays but I hope to maintain. If I can get my feet to be relatively pain free, I would be even more motivated to get into shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home