Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Return to Wilcox Lake

My husband Randy and I just returned from a hike to Wilcox Lake. I hooked up with an over 50 hiking club. An informal group, they had scheduled this hike to Wilcox Lake and Tennant Falls. Some of the group went to the falls, a short, maybe 5 mile round trip hike. Two of the group, Cathy and Gail went with us to Wilcox Lake. Those ladies went like gangbusters. We left the trailhead at about 9:45 and were at the lake, 5 miles away at 12. After a lunch break we headed out again and were back at the car by 3:20. Cooking! My purpose in this hike was to see how my feet would do on a long hike. The left (previously broken) ankle did good, even after I stumbled really good on it on the way to the lake. My left heel tendons felt like they didn't want to stretch out. I made them do their job anyway. My right foot felt good. The only other problem is that I think the inserts are causing my toes to hit the front of the boot. The big toes and 2nd toes of each foot are bruised. Bad news. I will have to get new boots. Otherwise, I felt great and my feet are only a little tired. We did not take Spot. Her old legs are just too arthritic to take that long a hike now. She would have loved it but too much pain. Perhaps I can seriously consider doing the rest of the Northville-Lake Placid hike?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home