Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Short Hike

I went to the Schoharie Crossing Yankee Hill Historic Site yesterday afternoon. I took my husband Randy and dog Spot along to. We met with an acquaintance from the Fulmont Roadrunners Club. Her club is helping my county 4H set up a 5K Fun Run and Walk. She and another runner measured out our 5K course and we met yesterday to walk the course. It was a great day. There was hardly any humidity and the afternoon was the perfect temp. Spot got to go swimming in the Mohawk River too. Anyway, we set out at a pretty brisk clip, probably 2 - 3 miles per hour since we finished the hike in a little over an hour with a couple of stops for photo opportunities and to make sure I knew where the turn around point was. We had to constantly battle the mosquitoes, probably not a problem in late September when we have the run/walk scheduled. Anyway, my feet felt like they were rented. My sneakers rub my toes and the inserts feel like they're exerting too much pressure on my arches. The tendons in the bottom of my feet still aren't stretched out all the way, that's for sure. I will admit I've been relying on the inserts and not doing my foot exercises the way I should. I guess I should get my self disciple going and get those exercises done every day. On a positive note, my left ankle (the one that was broken) seems to be great. I do get some twinges now and then but for the most part, it seems good to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home