Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hike Aftermath

It's been 2 days since my 10 mile test hike. Not good. I really bruised my left 2nd toe. It hurts even to have my socks touch it let alone put it into my sneaker. My ankle tendons and heel tendons also hurt after a rest period. They warm up eventually but even so, what would they feel like after 16 miles with a 50 pound pack. I'm steeling myself for the realization that a Northville - Lake Placid hike will not happen in October. I've been totally bummed out all day. It may be that no major hiking will occur, ever. I'll hold off on that for awhile yet. Perhaps with the new inserts in my new sneakers, and some rest, my tendons will yet heal and I will eventually go backpacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home