Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Getting to Springer

I left home about 0730 on Monday and reached wendy's house in shepardstown WVA about 1630. Sunsan (sherpa) arrived shortly after with her hubby George. We had a good dinner and caught up on the latest news and then George headed back to Harrisburg PA. Wendy took Denny (Katahdin Kid) to his house to meet his frind Larry who is coming with us. Denny and Larry are driving to the Hiker Hostel by themselves and Wendy, Karen and I are driving down in my car. We were all in bed by 10pm.

This morning we were up and out of the door by 0725. We had a great time driving down and chatting the whole way. It's just amazing how much we have in common. Anyway, we made pretty good time and got to the Hiker Hostel (hikerhostel.com) about 6:30pm. While Denny and Larry took off into Dahlonega for Mexican, the rest of stayed here and met Kathleen and Wally and Karen. Karen is up from Pensacola to see us off. Also, we got a call from Grasshopper to give us a good send off.

Anyway, breakfast is 0730 in the morning and we get shuttled at 0830. I guess by 9am we'll be on the trail. Hoooo HOOOOOO!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought about you all this morning. Wish I were there. Best Luck!!! Janet

April 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home