Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, April 03, 2006

April Already

It's April already! I didn't do any real hiking the whole of March. I did take my fully packed backpack to EMS and had them help me weigh everything out. After dumping the whole load on the store floor, all I really could trim was some packaging. No real savings at all. With a full load of water and food, I still have a pack that weighs 45 - 55 pounds. I guess I'll have to tough it out. My hiking friend Kathy sent me a schedule of her hiking club's hikes for the spring and summer. Several nice ones, near me are on the schedule. One is for this coming Sunday. My husband and I may have to hit that one. I'm also scheduled to see the orthotics guy on Tuesday. I want a set of full length orthotic inserts for my hiking boots. Then, if my toes are still hitting the front of my boots, as they do now with the 3/4 length inserts, I'll have to buy new boots. My husband suggests a new sport but what can I do that doesn't require feet? Anyway, I want to go backpacking. I've tentatively scheduled myself to finish the Northville - Lake Placid hike the end of July. So far I've only told Randy. I want to get this insert issue dealt with before I start letting everyone know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home