Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Northern Excursion Section 31


Kathy and I decided to do section 31 of the Long Path Northern Excursion yesterday. The section goes north from the Albany county line to Switz Kill Rd in Albany county, 11.85 miles. We couldn't have ordered a better day. Clear sky and sunshine, temps in the low 70's. There were some mayflies or blackflies but they weren't biting. This part of the trail stays at the top of the ridge, no real climbs to speak of. It also is mostly within the Partridge Run State Wildlife management area. The trail is a combination cross country ski, hiking and in some parts, snow machine trail. It is comfortably wide, runs thru various types of stands of trees and open meadows. We saw lots of wildflowers the last 3 miles, blue and yellow violets, trillium, Carolina spring beauties, Jack-in-the-Pulpit and some others I can't identify.

Today I'm resting up for our weekend trip the the ATC Trail Days in Damascus VA. Can hardly wait to see my Tiger Bomber friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home