Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Finishing our 1st Long Path Section

On Sunday the 4th, my friend Kathy and I finished section 30 of the Long Path Northern Excursion. The day was cool and a little rainy but since there was some climbing, of Cotton Hill and another mountain, we appreciated the cool weather. We were both kind of surprised at the lack of wildflowers on the trail. Since I saw so many along the trail on Thursday in the Adirondacks, I was sure there would be lots, already in bloom, farther to the south. But, not so. Oh well. We did see 2 old dug wells from the 1930's that used to be used for forest fire fighting. We also saw a very pretty little water fall. The lean-to on Cotton Hill was in good shape. We stopped there for a brief rest about an hour into the hike. I'm posting a picture or 2 in my MySpace photo album. http://www.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c=2&id=2b8710e7-8c17-4d2a-988d-eb9936ad288a

We got back to my car about 2pm, so it only took us 4 hours to do the nearly 8 miles. Can't wait to do the next section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home