Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Too Long Since I've Been Hiking

Randy and I took advantage of the great October weather today to hike up Hadley Mt again. The trees are just short of peak color and we wanted to get a good view of the Sacandaga Valley from the top of the mountain. The hike was all we could wish. By the time I was a 1/4 mile into the hike up, I was down to my T-shirt. The temp was still cool enough tho for me to be comfortable. The mountain is fairly steep so it's a hard hike up but once we were there, the view was all we wished for. We had a snack and some hot tea. I put my fleece back on cause the slight breeze was cold on my wet back and neck. The hike down had us passing a lot of people going up. One must have been a school or church group, lots of kids. One was a Boy Scout or Cub Scout troop. Lots of others in groups of 2 or 3. Every 3 or 4 groups had thier dog out for a day of fun with them. When we got to the trail head, I checked the register. Of those who signed in, I counted 92 people from the 1st couple of the day (not us, we were 2nd at about 10am). We left about 1pm and got home about 2pm. Randy even got a little sunburn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home