Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

4H Club Hike to Tennant Creek Falls

As part of my project for the local Mayfield NY 4H Club, the Community Guys and Gals, we took a day hike to the Tennant Creek Falls. It's a round trip of about 5 miles with 3 water falls along the way. We spent some time at the 2nd one, eating lunch and doing some playing in the water. There wasn't a lot of swimming cause the water is sooooooo cold but I think much fun was had by all. More importantly, they are psyched up about next weeks over night hike to Wilcox Lake.

I tried cutting a foam insert in half and putting it in my boot under my orthotic insert. It did lift up my heel and raised the insert some under my arch. I have some less pain than I would have but still, not as good as I'd like. (I'd like no pain, of course!) So, I'm going to call my orthotic guy Monday and see what we can do before the end of the month. I'm still planning to go and finish my Northville - Lake Placid hike. It would be nice if I could do it with a little less pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home