Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Monday, June 12, 2006

2006 Tour de Cure - Stillwater

I rode in yesterday's American Diabetes Association, Tour de Cure in Stillwater NY. I rode in the 25 mile ride. It was only the 3rd time this year I was on the bike but my efforts in the gym, despite a lack of miles on the bike, paid off. I had cramps in my thighs and calves but this morning, no pain at all. the weather was cool and overcast. Really, a good day for riding cause it wasn't blazing hot.

Today, I spent the morning and part of the afternoon, getting the rest of my garden planted. It's sunny and in the low 70's. It would be perfect except for the infestation of flies. For some reason this year, there are giant flies everywhere, making the whole of the outdoors, at least here, a horror show. At any rate, now everything is planted. I just hope it isn't too late. My tomatos are doing well. Small tomatos and lots of blossoms already on the plants. The eggplant and peppers are still recovering from transplant shock and the cold weather.

I need to get out and practice set up my new lightweight tent. First I may want to seal the seams. Since We have had nothing but poor weather, I should have had that done already. Oh well. I can start today as I won't get to setting it up for another couple of days. I go to the orthotic guy tomorrow and see if we can't get some relief for my right heel. It may be something I just have to suck up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home