Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Highline Trail: Pre-hike Day

Hoo! Tomorrow is the 1st day of our 4 day back-pack. I've got my pack ready. My husband, Randy, is going to camp with us the first night. We're hiking 17 miles to a trailhead that my husband can drive too. He's bringing water, plus anything we want to have that night and don't want to carry. That's quite a big deal. I weighed my pack, 4 liters of water, emergency kit, snacks, lunch and necessities like lip balm, sun screen, toilet paper, etc., about 15 pounds. The rest of my gear is in a trash bag, ready to be loaded into the car tomorrow afternoon for Randy to bring to me. The other two hikers are doing the same. That will make that 17 mile day a little easier. He's bringing camping popcorn and maker, firewood for a campfire, all the comforts of home just about. It doesn't matter, I'm finally getting back on the trail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home