Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

New BackPack!

I'm so excited!!!!! I haven't been on a backpack in over 3 years and it's long overdue. There is something magical about going out into the woods, all alone, hiking along a path that sometimes disappears. I miss that solitude! Now, I've found two others who will undertake the challenge of a fifty mile hike along the Arizona Highline Trail with me! Already people are asking: Aren't you scared? What about bears? Will you carry a gunZ? Well, No, No, and No. The big question is bears. No, I'm not afraid, bears are actually more afraid of me than I am of them. That leads to the other pertinent question about guns. No, I've backpacked a lot. No guns required. So, I cannot wait to get out into the woods, hiking my own hike, walking along forest paths and soaking in the quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home