Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Planning

It's been more than two years since my last backpacking trip. I feel it. I feel the need to get out in the woods, walking, by myself. I'm trying to get a trip together with others but so far, only one intrepid soul is willing. That person will back out if we don't get at least one more person to sign on with us. I don't want to give up my trip. What will I do if we don't get more people to come along? Will I give it up? I don't know. I need that time in the woods alone. Walking, walking, walking. My new hiking friends would be aghast at the thought of my hiking alone. The terrain here is treacherous. Is it fair to go out alone, perhaps to get hurt, and cause others danger for my recklessness? I know it's not fair but I need to get out. There it stands. I really want to go. I don't have the requisite 'safe' number. Do I stay or do I go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home