Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hadley Mountain 2007

Today Randy and I did our annual trek up Hadley Mountain. I upped my training routine by using my backpacking pack and fully loading it, as tho for a multiday trip. We got to the mountain and started climbing about 11:00am. This is a pretty steep trail so I stopped several times to let the old legs rest and take a look at the view. Today's woodland flowers included Sunday's red trillium, trout lilly and Carolina Sweet Dreams plus Wild Oats! We got to the top about 12:30pm and had a bit of lunch and really enjoyed the view. While climbing the newly hatched black flies were a bit bothersome but at the top, a nice breeze was blowing so no black flies! We started back down about 1pm and got to the bottom at 2pm. We passed 5 others on our way down, coming up the mountain. I'm glad we started early cause it has come up to 80 degrees today. So, I think I'm ready to finish the Northville - Lake Placid trail. I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home