Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 1 NH White Mountains 8/4/08

So, I left home at 0930 and headed to New Hampshire. The ride was uneventful and got there around 1530. I had no trouble checking in. The Pinkham Notch Visitor Center, Joe Dodge Lodge, was full up so I had a roommate in our 2 bed (bunkbed) room. At 6pm a family style dinner was served. At dinner, around huge 10 person tables, I sat and talked with a woman teacher, a South Bound (SOBO) thru hiker (Card Shark) and a woman who was there with her husband and 2 small children. We had a nce chat about hiking, where we're all from, etc.

After dinner, I went back to my room and my room mate, Jenny, was in. She's from Boston and is here doing day hikes using Pinkham Notch as a base camp. Tomorrow I catch the 0800 shuttle. I'm pretty excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home