Connie's Appalachian Hike

A web history of my training, preparation and history of my Appalachian hike adventure. Then any other hiking tales I like to add.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting Ready

I'm getting ready for a trip to West Virginia to meet my internet AT hiking friends. The group was started by Wendy Pacek via an ad in the AT magazine. I and several others, answered and we formed Wendy's Tiger Bombers. Anyway, Wendy has already started her thru hike of the AT. She's using the Leap Frog method. It lets her do sections in whatever order is best for the weather and time constraints she has. She's already done a big chunk of PA and West VA and parts of VA. I'm joining her and a couple others next week to hike West VA and MD or PA. I dreamed hiking the last 2 nights. While I'm no longer doing a thru hike, I'm still going to try and complete the AT by section hiking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home